May 8, 2009

More ch...ch...ch...changes....

Due date changed again!

Today was my first Midwife appointment up in Owen Sound. We met with Whitney, our primary Midwife and she went over the basics with us. I was able to ask my very important questions - can I eat peanut butter (yes, it's a good source of protein) and when is it safe to dye my hair (as soon as I want, just in a well ventilated area)! We went over dates again and settled on December 1st as the due date, so that makes me 10 weeks, 4 days today.

My ultrasound that was scheduled for today had to be cancelled sadly as the woman who does the type I was having done wouldn't be there today. Luckily we were able to reschedule for next Friday, so Matt will get to see the babe then.

So, we didn't get to see the little one today, BUT we got to hear him/her! Whitney asked if we wanted to have a listen, but warned that we might not be able to hear the heartbeat just yet as s/he is still in behind my pelvic bone. But sure enough, we were able to hear the little heartbeat loud and clear! VERY exciting! Matt was all smiles! The heartbeat was about 165bpm, so I am growing a hummingbird, not a baby apparently!

In other news of changes...my wardrobe is changing! All of my pants are starting to feel a little tight at the waist and buttons feel like they are crushing the baby! While we were up in Owen Sound I bought a couple of pairs of maternity capri pants and a new shirt to hide the bump at work for a while. I have to attend open houses at the new centres in the next couple of weeks and no one at work knows yet, so I needed something disguising!

More next week after the ultrasound when we get to see the little one!

xo JBM

No comments:

Post a Comment