May 9, 2010

Mummy's Day!

I really wanted to post a video, but the program is acting up so I'm just going to post some pictures and some text (just a few bits) from something (Daughter by Nicole Blackman) I found a loooong time ago before I was even pregnant and knew we were expecting a girl!

"One day I'll give birth to a tiny baby girl
and when she's born she'll scream
and I'll tell her to never stop

I will kiss her before I lay her down at night
and will tell her a story so she knows
how it is and how it must be for her to survive

I'll tell her that people must earn the right
to use her nickname
that forced intimacy is an ugly thing

I'll explain to her it's better to regret the things
she has done than the things she hasn't.
I'll teach her to write her manifestos on cocktail napkins.


I'll say she should make men lick her enterprise.
I'll teach her to talk hard.
I'll tell her that her skin is the
most beautiful dress she will ever wear."

Thank you for making me the Mummy I have wanted to be for so long little NoddleE.
In just 5 short months you have brought so much joy to our lives

Before you were born I didn't know what it was like to have my heart
living outside of my body...now I do.

There is so much that I cannot wait to share with you!

Mama loves you Sloan!
xo JBM

3 comments:

  1. Happy First Mother's Day! Sloan is as lucky to have you as you are to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tearing up*
    What a lovely little story.
    Sloan is very lucky to have you as a Mum but you're also very fortunate to have such a sweet beautiful little girl as she.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And..I am crying. Again! Your posts are so sweet. It will be so wonderful when Sloan can look back and read these herself and know just how much her mommy loved writing about her when she was so young. And how much her mommy and daddy love her. So special :)

    ReplyDelete